WHO WE ARE
Trident Transport is a freight broker & logistics provider specialized in brokering and handling freight. Solving problems and helping our customers is what we do best.
We are here to help. Anytime. Anywhere. No Matter What.
INC. 5000 has recognized Trident as one of the fastest-growing companies in the United States for four years in a row and we were ranked in the top 500 for back to back years. Our unrivaled work environment has been highlighted many times and gathered multiple awards, including “Best of the Best – Places to Work.”
We are looking for a Talent Acquisition Specialist (Recruiter) to collaborate with hiring managers and Trident leadership on a regular basis to proactively understand business needs and open positions. The Recruiter will be handling the full-cycle recruiting experience, from talent sourcing and attracting candidates to interviewing and hiring great employees. This position will be expected to attract candidates using various sources, like social media networks and employee referrals in addition to standard online job posting portals and campus recruiting.
This position is located at our corporate office in Chattanooga, TN and would be responsible for recruitment efforts for our offices in TN, MN, and FL. Ultimately, the responsibilities of the recruiter are to ensure our company attracts, hires and retains the best employees, while growing a strong talent pipeline.
- Implement overall recruiting strategy by preparing recruitment materials, posting jobs, and coordinating interviews while monitoring and applying HR best practices
- Source and recruit candidates using LinkedIn, social media, various job boards, campus resources, etc.
- Act as a point of contact and build influential candidate relationships during the selection process
- Master the details and of open positions including job responsibilities, candidate qualifications, and what makes each role so great!
- Build relationships with hiring managers to understand candidate qualifications, non-negotiables and team dynamic
- Navigate talent market trends and understand key factors in recruiting challenges
- Find talent, get in touch with the right candidates, and get their attention every time
- Screen candidates resumes and job applications and conduct interviews using various selection tools/methods
- Assess applicants’ relevant knowledge, skills, experience and aptitudes
- Cultivate the recruiting experience, promote the company’s reputation, and leave candidates with the best possible impression
- Assist talent team in onboarding new employees to become fully integrated
- Assist Talent Development Team / Human Resources in any other miscellaneous team tasks
- A bachelor’s degree in a relevant field of study.
- Proven work experience as a Recruiter
- Solid ability to conduct different types of interviews (structured, competency-based, stress, etc.)
- 1+ year(s) of experience at a 3PL is preferred, with a strong understanding of the brokerage industry & business model
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills – the ability to make an impression through phone & email.
- Hands-on experience with various selection processes (video interviewing, phone interviewing, reference check, etc.) as well as sourcing techniques (LinkedIn Recruiter, Campus Recruiting, job posting sites, and cold calling.
- Ability to organize skills assessments.
- Familiarity with Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS), Candidate Management Systems (CMS), and HR databases
- Strong decision-making skills.
WHAT WE OFFER
- The opportunity to make an immediate impact on the Talent Development Team!
- Earn a competitive base salary.
- Take advantage of excellent Health, Dental, Vision, Basic Life, and Voluntary Life Insurance.
- Short-term and long-term disability.
- Retirement Plan (401k) with company match.
- Paid vacation policy, personal time policy and paid holidays.
- A company-paid cellphone.
- Office games, sports leagues, snacks, catered lunches, and more!
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Trident Transport is an Equal Opportunity Employer seeking candidates without regard to age, race, national origin, gender, disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other protected status.