WHO WE ARE
Trident Transport is a freight broker & logistics provider specialized in brokering and handling freight. Solving problems and helping our customers is what we do best. We are here to help. Anytime. Anywhere. No Matter What.
INC. 5000 has recognized Trident as one of the fastest-growing companies in the United States for three years in a row and we were ranked in the top 500 for back to back years. Our unrivaled work environment has been highlighted many times and gathered multiple awards, including “Best of the Best – Places to Work.”
To help support our continued growth, Trident is seeking an energetic, creative, and collaborative Manager of People & Culture with exceptional judgment, interpersonal skills, and a desire to help grow the success of the company, from attracting the best applicants to engaging our current employee base within our St. Petersburg office. The Manager of People & Culture in our St. Petersburg office will collaborate with the Human Resources team and Trident leadership on a regular basis to proactively understand business needs.
The Manager of People & Culture is a multi-faceted role that includes employee engagement, recruiting, community outreach, social media marketing, event planning, among other roles. This position will handle the full-cycle recruiting experience within our St. Petersburg office, from talent sourcing and attracting candidates to interviewing and hiring great employees. This position will be expected to attract candidates using various sources, like social media networks and employee referrals in addition to campus recruiting. The Manager of People & Culture will facilitate employee engagement activities and events for Trident's current employee base within the St. Petersburg office, and ultimately have a direct impact in our strive to make Trident the best place to work in St. Petersburg, FL.
- Design and implement overall recruiting strategy by preparing recruitment materials, posting jobs, and coordinating interviews while monitoring and applying HR best practices.
- Learn the industry ins and outs through formal training and job shadowing.
- Master the details of open positions including job responsibilities, candidate qualifications, and what makes each role so great!
- Build relationships with hiring managers to understand candidate qualifications, non-negotiables and team dynamic.
- Navigate talent market trends and understand key factors in recruiting challenges.
- Find talent, get in touch with the right candidates, and get their attention every time.
- Screen candidates resumes and job applications and conduct interviews using various selection tools/methods.
- Assess applicants’ relevant knowledge, skills, experience and aptitudes.
- Act as a point of contact and build influential candidate relationships during the selection process.
- Cultivate the recruiting experience, promote the company’s reputation, and leave candidates with the best possible impression.
- Assist talent development team in onboarding new employees to become fully integrated.
- Act as the voice of the company and build relationships with the St. Petersburg community
- Oversee employee engagement experience and help make the St. Petersburg office the best place to work
- Assist in managing merchandise, design, inventory, etc.
- Promote the company on a daily basis
- Create social media content for the company's social platforms specifically to highlight the St. Petersburg office
- Assist Human Resources in any other miscellaneous team tasks.
- A bachelor’s degree in a relevant field of study
- Proven work experience as a Recruiter
- Strong ties to the St. Petersburg community
- 1+ year(s) of experience at a 3PL is preferred, with a strong understanding of the brokerage industry & business model
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills – the ability to make an impression through phone, email, & in-person
- Familiarity with Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS), Candidate Management Systems (CMS), and HR databases
- Strong decision-making skills
- Energetic, highly driven personality
WHAT WE OFFER
- The opportunity to make an immediate impact on the People & Culture Team!
- Earn a competitive base salary.
- Take advantage of excellent Health, Dental, Vision, Basic Life, and Voluntary Life Insurance.
- Short-term and long-term disability.
- Retirement Plan (401k) with company match.
- Unlimited vacation in addition to 6 personal days and paid holidays.
- A company-paid cellphone.
- Office games, sports leagues, snacks, catered lunches, and more!
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Trident Transport is an Equal Opportunity Employer seeking candidates without regard to age, race, national origin, gender, disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other protected status. Learn more about us at https://tridenttransport.com/about/